Now this book I might actually recommend. It was good. It's a little weird I guess at spots, but I felt like it caused me to think. It's a story that was written in the early 90s and takes place in Mexico. In this town, the characters are all intertwined. Each chapter focuses on a different person, but they all end up coming together in different ways. It has some religious undertones, but not really any religion. There's a lady who can see the future like a prophet, but has altars to the virgin of Guadalupe. And there's a wizard. But it's definitely not a fantasy book. It's just that the people are very superstitious and take curses and blessings very seriously. But it's good. I don't know how to tell what it's about. Life?
Saturday, March 6, 2010
A Place Where the Sea Remembers
Now this book I might actually recommend. It was good. It's a little weird I guess at spots, but I felt like it caused me to think. It's a story that was written in the early 90s and takes place in Mexico. In this town, the characters are all intertwined. Each chapter focuses on a different person, but they all end up coming together in different ways. It has some religious undertones, but not really any religion. There's a lady who can see the future like a prophet, but has altars to the virgin of Guadalupe. And there's a wizard. But it's definitely not a fantasy book. It's just that the people are very superstitious and take curses and blessings very seriously. But it's good. I don't know how to tell what it's about. Life?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment