This book is a classic. I read it in 8th grade but when I read it last night, I didn't have any recollection of it. So I guess I wasn't paying attention or else it wasn't taught very well. In order to understand the significance of this book, you HAVE to understand the whole Russian thing. You need to know about Stalin and Lenin and others. Now that I kinda do understand parts of it all, it made sense. But at any rate, this book can be applicable in any day - even today with a president like Obama. This book is really good. It's very easy to understand and should be read by everyone. It's about this farm where they start out rebelling against humans but then once they have the farm to themselves, certain pigs start becoming tyrannical leaders and it ends up just the same as having the humans back. It's a warning not to be idle and let that happen in a government. We have to always fight for freedom and not let leaders get too much power or control. And we need to be educated enough to make decisions. So that means watching the news. And I do. I watch Glenn Beck and Bill O'Reilly and others. So there.
Monday, July 20, 2009
Animal Farm
This book is a classic. I read it in 8th grade but when I read it last night, I didn't have any recollection of it. So I guess I wasn't paying attention or else it wasn't taught very well. In order to understand the significance of this book, you HAVE to understand the whole Russian thing. You need to know about Stalin and Lenin and others. Now that I kinda do understand parts of it all, it made sense. But at any rate, this book can be applicable in any day - even today with a president like Obama. This book is really good. It's very easy to understand and should be read by everyone. It's about this farm where they start out rebelling against humans but then once they have the farm to themselves, certain pigs start becoming tyrannical leaders and it ends up just the same as having the humans back. It's a warning not to be idle and let that happen in a government. We have to always fight for freedom and not let leaders get too much power or control. And we need to be educated enough to make decisions. So that means watching the news. And I do. I watch Glenn Beck and Bill O'Reilly and others. So there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment