Monday, November 2, 2009

Great Expectations

Charles Dickens' famously boring book, Great Expectations, is actually not that boring. It's just very long. It's about a boy named Pip who is just a common boy in England until some unknown benefactor seeks to make him "uncommon". There are so many twists and everyone is connected in this complicated web as the story unfolds. The way Charles Dickens writes is just great. It will have you speaking more proper and thinking all British. There is a slight love story involved in this book but that's definitely not the focus. It's a great classic and I would recommend it if you have time. I stopped for like a month and then had to catch up. It took me a while to make it through but reading it was a treat. I would have read it in a week if I had a free week! Pip, jolly old chap!

1 comment: