This book is one of those classics. It's because it's written by the famous Robert Cormier. This book may have been written in 1974 but it's applicable at any time. The plot is hard to explain. And maybe it's better if I don't, but I think the whole moral of the story is bullying. I think. I finished the book and had to like re-read the last chapter again cuz I felt like I missed something but I think I understand the purpose. It's interesting. But although this book came highly recommended by my Young Adult Literature teacher, it's got a ton of profanity and crude things. I'm not a book-banning person but I personally wouldn't ever have students read this as an assignment. Because I was offended by quite a few things I read, but that's just me. It's a good book though. It is one of those bigger topic books, not fluffy fun. It's deep. So that's why my teacher liked it I think. She reads tween books for her job!
Tuesday, June 30, 2009
Chocolate War
This book is one of those classics. It's because it's written by the famous Robert Cormier. This book may have been written in 1974 but it's applicable at any time. The plot is hard to explain. And maybe it's better if I don't, but I think the whole moral of the story is bullying. I think. I finished the book and had to like re-read the last chapter again cuz I felt like I missed something but I think I understand the purpose. It's interesting. But although this book came highly recommended by my Young Adult Literature teacher, it's got a ton of profanity and crude things. I'm not a book-banning person but I personally wouldn't ever have students read this as an assignment. Because I was offended by quite a few things I read, but that's just me. It's a good book though. It is one of those bigger topic books, not fluffy fun. It's deep. So that's why my teacher liked it I think. She reads tween books for her job!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment